What is Cowleys Tick Reduction Program?
Tick-bourne diseases are a serious and growing threat in your own backyard. New Jersey is one of the eight states reporting over ninety percent of all cases of Lyme Disease nationwide. Almost 5,000 reported cases of Lyme Disease occurred in NJ in 2010.
The risk of being bitten by an infected deer tick is greatest in the summer months when the nymph stage is active and people, especially children, are most active outdoors.
Tick prevention program reduces the likelihood of tick entry into the yard by specifically treating the areas throughout the property where ticks are likely to harbor and breed.
Tick Service Protocol
1) Conduct Property Analysis
- Conduct a thorough analysis of the property to determine the activity level of ticks
- Design the treatment plan based upon the landscape design of your property as well as the overall environment surrounding the property
2) Determine Targeted Treatment Areas
- Treat only the areas where ticks are present, instead of the traditional method of treating the entire property
3) Schedule Optimum Number of Applications
- The most effective control is achieved with four treatments between April and October
- The timing between treatments is important to properly control ticks
- The first two treatments are one month apart
- The remaining treatments are every other month
The latest research shows back to back-initial treatments effectively reduce the large tick populations in the spring. Once we reduce the populations, maintenance treatments are only necessary every other month.
4) Additional Recommendations for Your Property
- Keep grass and weeds well trimmed (less than 2”)
- Avoid walking along grass lines and forest lines
- Avoid walking in forested areas and meadows
- Avoid walking your dog in known tick infested areas
- Wear long pants, light colored clothing and pull socks overpant legs when in areas where ticks are likely to occur
- Inspect yourself for ticks when you return home from spending time in areas where ticks are likely to occur
- Tick repellents are available for use on your pet or your clothing when entering tick-infested areas
Tick prevention should begin as early as April, but will control ticks effectively if started anytime before Autumn.
Ticks become active early in the Spring and remain active until early Fall. To schedule a consultation, Cowleys Pest Services is your local resource. We proudly serve Lakewood, Woodbridge, Edison, Brick, Toms River, Piscataway, Trenton, Middletown, Princeton Junction, Old Bridge and nearby New Jersey. Contact us today.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.