Termite Management & Prevention in Mercer, Ocean, Monmouth, Middlesex County
There are two parts to proper termite management: preventing termites from accessing your home and treating existing termite colonies.
There are several ways you can prevent termite damage to your home:
- Have an annual termite inspection performed by qualified professional.
- Eliminate excess moisture and wood-to-ground contact around your home to help reduce termite activity.
- Work with the pest control professionals at Cowleys to determine the best termite treatment options, such as liquid treatment or termite bait systems.
Contact Cowleys Pest Services today to schedule an on-site evaluation and cost estimate for termite treatment in Edison, Woodbridge, Lakewood or surrounding areas in New Jersey. Don't forget to ask about our service plans!
How can you prevent termite infestations in your NJ home?
There are several things New Jersey homeowners can do to lessen the chance of a termite infestation:
- Many termite infestations result from the structural wood being in contact with soil. This includes wood siding, porch steps, latticework, door or window frames and similar wood elements.
Eliminate Food Sources
- Minimize or eliminate the use of wood mulch around the foundation. For termites, mulch is a delicacy. Stack firewood and scrap lumber away from the home.
- Don’t store cardboard boxes on the floor of your garage.
Reduce Excess Moisture
- Don’t allow moisture such as air conditioner condensation to accumulate near the foundation.
- Water should be diverted away from the foundation with properly functioning gutters, downspouts, and splash blocks. Drainage problems increase your risk of termite infestation.
- Reduce humidity in basements with a dehumidifier and crawl spaces using a combination of encapsulation, sump pumps, and dehumidifiers.
Implement Prevention Methods
- The surest protection against termite infestation is to work with a pest management professional like Cowleys Pest Services to inspect your home for signs of termite activity and create an on-going termite treatment plan tailored for your home's needs.
Your termite management plan from Cowleys includes:
- Ongoing Inspections & Monitoring – Cowleys will continue to inspect and monitor your home for signs of termite activity.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – If termites return to your home within 90 days following the final treatment, your Cowleys termite professional will return to re-treat the problem at no additional charge. If you’re not completely satisfied with the results of your termite treatment program, we'll refund your last service payment.
If you're a homeowner in Woodbridge, Edison, Lakewood or nearby in Mercer, Ocean, Monmouth, Middlesex County, schedule your termite inspection, which includes a treatment estimate at no cost to you.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.